More and more people are opting to rent people’s homes when they go on vacation than ever before. At least 47% of vacation travelers say they are interested in vacation rentals rather than stay in a hotel. At least 46% have said they would like to find vacation condo rentals. The reasons these vacationers list for this feeling are varied. About 94% say they want to do it because they will save money but there are other reasons. In order they are privacy (90%), access to a full kitchen (87%), other amenities (84%) and access to a larger space (81%).
Tips for Getting the Best Beach Vacation Condo Rentals:
- Do real research and look at multiple beach condo rentals. Look online for to find your beach condos and reach out to a number of different units. Once you have found some places that interest you, check out those properties on Yelp and even Facebook. Many cities and localities have Facebook groups devoted to giving feedback on businesses and other services. If someone rents a vacation condo and has a bad experience, they will probably take to the internet to complain about it.
- Wait until you get, read and sign the paperwork to pay anything. When renting people’s homes rather than getting a hotel room, it is really important to have something in writing before you send any money. Before you pay anything, take some time to do some research into the person from whom you are getting the rental. When you are looking at vacation condo rentals, ask about references and testimonials. Do a Google search. Other than making sure you have a rental until before you make any payments, you also get to read the fine print in the rental agreement. If the rental is handled by a real estate agent, you have some more protection and better send of what to expect. People who rent out there homes directly should still offer some agreement to show what you should expect from them and vice versa.
- Ask if the rental is good for kids. Not all vacation condo rentals are family friendly. One way to make sure the rental you get is good for your kids, ask for pictures. Make sure those pictures include the bedrooms. Take a look at the home and decide if your children could be comfortable there. It is not as if you have only one option and it is important that your entire family be comfortable.
- Ask about what will be included in the rental agreement. Unlike a hotel where you know you are not going to get a bill for the utilities when you leave, you need to ask about this. Ask what exactly will be included in the fee you spend. Ask a lot of questions. Ask about WiFi, utilities, etc. Ask about the policy if you have to leave early, what happens then? Some vacations are cut short for a variety of reasons. Make sure you know what happens in the case you and your family have to depart early.
- Is the home pet friendly? One benefit you get when you rent beach condos is that you may be able to bring the family dog along. Check with homeowner or the real estate agent to see if pets are allowed and if there are any limitations on what kinds of animals you can bring. Sometimes there is a weight limit.
- Get a contact for emergency repairs. If there is a problem with something at the until or if something breaks down while you are there, you need to be able to call someone who can help with that. There should be a person who will be “on call” in the event that there is a problem but make sure there is. Ask about it if you do not see a name in the paperwork.
Vacation condo rentals can give your family a great way to have wonderful vacations. You save a lot of money, not just on the hotel but on eating out. The meals you prepare together are also great for bonding with your family. If you have not considered a vacation rental, you might want to.