In the end, the decision to book bus travel always turns out to be the best option.
In your six years as the volunteer travel coordinator for your two sons’ high school marching band you have always done the necessary research, but charter bus travel always wins. On two different occasions you have had assistants and these people typically go into the process assuming that school buses and school vans will be significantly less expensive, but even these skeptics find the advantages booking with motorcoach companies outweigh the advantages of the school transportation options.
The fact that these charter charter buses for rent include significant amounts of under the bus storage for instruments, as well as overhead storage for the personal belongings of the students translates into needing fewer buses than if you were using typical school buses.
At the end of these trips you always miss seeing these kids, but you are always grateful for the break. A break that allows you to work through the process next time. Although tedious, because you are making a recommendation to spend other people’s money you always consider all of the available travel options. These kids have stuck it out with three different music directors in the last four years and still showed up every day, dedicated to their music. The least you can do as one of the travel coordinators is to make sure that they are given the most value for the money they and their parents, as well as the school district, have invested.
The Decision to Travel Comfortably on a Bus Is Often the Best Financial Option
The ease of travel and the comfort of travel is always important, but it is also the case that the costs of a transportation choice determine the choices that various groups make. Whether the other choices are traveling by private cars, school buses, airplanes, or trains, in many instances charter bus travel is often the most affordable, comfortable, and efficient choice.
Consider some of these statistics:
- One motorcoach spending even one night at a destination generates as much as $11,660 for that local economy. This amount includes lodging, meals, and other spending.
- No individual or group has an unlimited budget, so examining the cost benefits of many options is essential.
- There are five times as many motorcoach terminals nationwide as there are airports. In addition, there are six times as many bus terminals as there are intercity rail terminals
- Half of the passenger trips provided by the motorcoach industry in the year 2012 were for students and seniors.
- Estimates indicate that 14 million rural U.S. residents only have the option of motorcoaches providing intercity transportation service, because these people live in locations where air and rail travel are not available.
- Research indicates that tourist demand and motorcoach travele generates more than $55 billion a year in economic transactions.
- One dollar invested in new motorcoaches generates an additional $1.65 of spending throughout numerous economy sectors of the economy. This amounts to a total of more than $1.2 billion spent on tour and travel every single year.
- Adults and young adults accounted for nearly 50% of the passenger trips provided by the motorcoach industry in the year 2012.
- Demand for good and services created by motorcoach travel, when combined with new motorcoach sales and industry equipment purchases, generates jobs for as many as 792,700 people.
- A full motorcoach has the potential of removing as many as 55 vehicles from the highway, which reduces congestion and emissions, as well as cuts energy use.
- Green initiatives that are bing implemented by the motorcoach industry will further the energy efficiency of this travel option.
- An industry fleet of 33,400 vehicles provides charter, sightseeing, tour, airport shuttle, scheduled, and commuter services.
- In an evaluation of the energy efficiency, the following numbers have been found: motorcoaches provide 206.6 passenger miles for every gallon of fuel; single-occupant automobiles, on the other hand, achieve only 27.2 passenger miles for every gallon.
- Nothing is more frustrating than waiting in long security lines and squeezing into the narrow seats of an airplane. As a result, more and more travelers are selecting efficient and affordable charter bus travel for both individual trips and large group travel plans.
Are you ready to hit the road?