Helicopters are generally used for commercial purposes and even military transportation. And with about 5,000 aircraft in the sky at any given time, helicopters have developed over time to offer safe and smooth rides to passengers today. This is why so many people choose to go on helicopter tours when they’re on vacation. These excursions offer an unbeatable view of the sights below and can be a great time. So if you’re thinking about booking a Hawaii helicopter tour, here are a few steps to take to ensure you pick the right one.
- Find a reputable company: When it comes time to look into Hawaii helicopter tours, it’s important to first find a company that has a good reputation. Because you’re going to be up in the air, you should always prioritize safety. So find a company that not only offers a fun sightseeing adventure, but one that follows proper safety protocols and will make sure you go up and come back down safely.
- Choose the timing wisely: If you plan on being in Hawaii for a week or two, try booking your Oahu helicopter tour towards the beginning of your trip. In doing this, you’ll be able to not only start off your vacation with an awesome excursion but having a birds-eye view of the area will help you get around easier for the remainder of your trip.
- Pick the right view: Generally, there are two options for helicopter tours: doors-on and doors-off. While both options are fun and give you a good view of the sights down below, a doors-off experience may be more beneficial for those wanting to capture some amazing pictures. So consider whether a doors-on or doors-off experience would be best for your wants and needs.
- Know the seating situation: When it comes to Hawaii helicopter tours, there’s no better seat than a window seat. So if there’s a chance you may be sitting in a middle seat, depending on the type of helicopter and number of people going, you should know about it. Make sure you know the seating situation ahead of time so you can prepare properly.
- Compare pricing options: Just like with any type of excursion, it’s important to compare prices before choosing a helicopter tour. While Hawaii helicopter tours aren’t cheap, you shouldn’t have to sacrifice the rest of your trip to go on the tour. So shop around and make sure you’re getting the best deal possible.
Going on a helicopter tour is a one-of-a-kind experience. So follow these simple steps and you’ll be on your way to choosing one of the best helicopter tours in Oahu.